Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cut it Up Challenge #18 - Mother's Day

Happy Friday my friends. Thanks for stopping by my blog for another Cut it up Blop Challenge.

Cut it up Challenge #18 - Create a project for Mother's Day.

My Mom loves birds so to make something completely different for her other than a card, which I already have made, I decided to make a home decor project.

I saw a cute little wooden owl decoration in a craft store this week and my inspiration grew from there.


She is made of chip board and card stock and a little bit of floral wire for her feet.

Here's how I did it:
Hoot n' Holler cart
Owl cut at 10 1/4" - first on chipboard then from Black Recollections CS.
Shift layer was cut 3 times, 1-pink, 1-orange, and 1-yellow.
Layer cut 2 times, first in green then in yellow

Doodle Charms cart
Flower on pg 91 cut at 3" - pink and blue
I used a left over circle from the owl eye as the yellow dot on the blue part of the flower.

I used perfect pearls in black for the eyes and dots between the feathers on her belly.
I used perfect pearls in ice white for the dots on the beak and the yellow eye. I traced around those dots with my black zig pen.

I used the black zig pen and the white gelly roll pen on the flower.

I made the owl's feet using brown floral wire and use a left over piece for the flower stem. I hot glued these on to my owl.

For the center of the owl's eyes I use some black oval beads and hot glued them into place.

Yes she really does stand up and I know my Mom is going to love her.



Hop on by the Cut It Up Blog to see more inspiring projects today
from the Cut it Up DT and to play along.


Thanks for stopping by.

2 Bunny Hugs:

Migdalia said...

Cute and Creative !Love it!
Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love your Adorable Owl! I just may have to try to make one of these to sit in my Craftroom. Unless you want to pretend I'm also your Mom and just send me one. He! He!
Thanks for Sharing!!! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com